What are Donor Designated Funds?
A Donor Designated Fund enables you to support one or more specific nonprofit organizations (e.g. your alma mater or a group for which you volunteer). We manage the fund to help you support these nonprofits over a set number of years or on a continual basis.
What are the benefits of a Donor Designated Fund?
- Your fund is managed by the foundation’s knowledgeable, experienced staff, who provide you with a single year-end report for tax purposes.
- You have the option to endow your fund, allowing your gift to live on in perpetuity, or you can create an expendable fund, from which grants of any amount can be made at any time.
- You can rest assured that grants from your fund will always be used to fulfill your original intent and that the institution of your choice will receive support for years to come.
How does a Donor Designated Fund work?
- You may establish the fund with a variety of assets, including cash, real estate, marketable securities, such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds and personal property and closely-held assets.
- Evaluate and recommend grantees/nonprofits that will benefit from your funds.
- We distribute the grants from your fund to the institutions of your choice.