- This event has passed.
Webinar: Reopening guidelines, IBank loans for nonprofits, and other resources
June 3, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
While some nonprofits are serving more people than ever before, others such as performing arts are closed for months or will be closed for years. Many nonprofits have some staff working onsite and other staff working from home.
In this live event, leaders from the Governor’s Office will explain what the reopening stages mean for different types of nonprofits and will describe the California state loan program through the IBank. We will also hear how the Governor is making full use of the nonprofit community – and supporting nonprofits – in both the crisis and the recovery.
- Kathleen Kelly Janus, Senior Advisor on Social Innovation, Office of Governor Newsom
- Chris Dombrowski, Acting Director, Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz)
- Isabel Guzman, Director of the Office of Small Business Advocate, Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz)
- Emily Burgos, Small Business Finance Center Manager, California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank (IBank)
- Jan Masaoka, CEO, CalNonprofits
- Lucy Salcido Carter, Public Policy Director, CalNonprofits (moderator)
Why should you join us?
This live webinar is a chance to hear directly from high-level leaders in the Governor’s Office about the reopening process and about some programs the Governor is spearheading during the crisis – and for nonprofits to let the Governor know what we need now. We will have time for Q and A, so come prepared to ask questions on these topics!
Leaders from Governor Newsom’s Administration will join CalNonprofits to share information about the Resilience Roadmap and its four stages of reopening. They will walk us through what the guidelines mean for nonprofits.
We will also hear about a state COVID-19 disaster relief loan program through the California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank (IBank) and other resources through the Office of Small Business Advocate. A Senior Advisor to the Governor will update us on other programs coming out of the Governor’s Office and on state strategies for addressing inequalities and disparities revealed so sharply in the pandemic.
Finally, you’ll also hear how to support state-level advocacy for nonprofits!
The California Association of Nonprofits (CalNonprofits) is a statewide alliance speaking for California’s nonprofit community. During this COVID-19 crisis we are working with state legislators and the Governor’s office on policies and funding for nonprofits, and on prioritizing funding to mitigate the deep disparities and inequities in our state.