- This event has passed.
LightGabler Webinar: The Good, the Bad, and the Pandemic
May 13, 2020 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
WHERE ARE WE NOW, AND WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has created unprecedented burdens upon California businesses, as employers attempt to navigate the significant employment challenges imposed by economic losses, mandatory quarantine orders and complicated federal legislation. As the state and counties begin to roll out their plans for reopening, business owners and managers must ensure the safety and health of their employees and revitalize business operations, all while maintaining compliance with an ever-changing legal landscape.
In this informative seminar, employment attorney Karen Gabler will discuss the interplay between rapidly-changing federal, state and local laws related to COVID-19, along with tips on how to manage a myriad of business and employment issues arising from the coronavirus pandemic. Topics covered will include:
- Implementing layoffs and furloughs
- Managing reductions in compensation and benefits
- Remote work options
- Operating as an essential business
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (“FFCRA”) benefits
- The CARES Act and PPP loans
- Addressing employee questions, concerns and complaints
- Preparing to bring employees back to work
- Preparing to reopen to the public