Our Community Grant Programs are now utilizing an online application. Please follow the instructions below on accessing, completing and submitting your application to the foundation.
To Access the Application Form
- Visit the Santa Barbara Foundation Grants Portal.
- On the Welcome to the Santa Barbara Foundation Grants Portal page, click on “Register” and complete the form to create an account for the Grants Portal. You will be asked to furnish an email address, create a password and state the name of your organization. We advise using a perpetual email address (such as email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) so that the organization’s profile is not exclusively linked to one individual’s email address.
- IMPORTANT – Once an account has been created, please allow 48 hours for the registration to be confirmed and for the organization’s profile to be created. (Please note that if you are establishing an account on Friday, the registration confirmation will occur on the following Monday.) You will receive an email confirming that your account is active and you will then be able to complete and submit a grant application. Please take this timing into consideration when reviewing application deadlines as you must allow time for your account to be created prior to submitting an application before the application deadline.
- Once your account has been confirmed, you may login and complete the Community Grant Program application.
- You may save your work and log out at any time.
- To access the partially completed application again, you will log into the account you created and access the Community Grant Program you saved.
Supplemental Documents for Fiscal Sponsor
A 501(c)(3) organization that agrees to serve as a fiscal sponsor on a grant request must provide additional forms as part of the grant application.
- A letter of agreement outlining and stipulating the terms of the relationship between the fiscal sponsor and the sponsored organization is required. Please have the letter ready to upload as an MS Word document or as an Adobe PDF.
- An additional board roster must be completed by the fiscal sponsor as part of the application. Upload the fiscal sponsor’s board roster where indicated on the application. A board roster PDF template is available for download where indicated on the application or you may provide the board roster in another format you already have such as an MS Word or Excel document.
Submitting your Application
Once you have completed your application and are ready for submission, please adhere to the following instructions to ensure a successful submittal:
- Applications will be accepted only through the online process. Paper applications will not be accepted.
- To submit the completed and saved application, while on the “Submit” page, click the “I agree” box under Proposal Authorization. A “Submit” button will appear at the bottom of the page for you to click. If you attempt to submit the application with any errors you will receive a “validation” box listing the errors. Once the errors have been corrected, you may resubmit the application. Please note, some questions have character counts (indicated beneath the question). While you will be able to continue entering text past these counts, you will not be able to submit your application. Please ensure you do not exceed the character count in order to successfully submit your application
- You will receive an automatic email when your grant application has been received. Please retain this receipt for your files.
DEADLINES: Applications must be received by 11:59 PM on the deadline date noted for each grant program on the Grant Opportunities page.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application or submission, please contact Sydney Casler at (805) 963-1873 or email@example.com.