How to Apply:
The Santa Barbara Foundation has partnered with SmartSimple for the 2022-2023 Community Grants Programs (Behavioral Health/Health Care, Food, and Shelter & Safety) and the William and Lottie Daniel Fund Child Care Scholarships. Please follow the instructions below on accessing, completing, and submitting your application to the foundation.
To Access the SmartSimple Platform
- Visit the Santa Barbara Foundations online platform
- On the Santa Barbara Foundation SmartSimple platform landing page, on the bottom right please click on “Register.”
You will be asked to choose from 3 different entities:
- Fiscally Sponsored Entity
- For Profit
- After identifying which entity fits your organization you will be asked to provide some general information about yourself and your organization (If your organization is not found please use the “click here to add a new organization” link in the instruction box to add manually).
- The initial staff contact is the first authorized representative to register and associate their profile account on behalf of an organization. This individual will also be responsible for providing accurate information in the organization profile and updating this information annually. They will also receive email notifications from the platform. Additional organizational contacts can also register and access applications on behalf of an organization already in the system. These additional users will follow the same registration process as the initial organization contact. The system will conduct a duplicate check and associate the user with the existing organization.
- You will receive a welcome email confirming that your registration is active. Please click the link included in the email to create a password. After creating your password, you can now access the platform to establish your Organization Profile.
- On the top righthand corner you will see the initial of your first name that you registered under. Please click there and a drop-down menu will open. Please select “Organization Profile.” You will be directed to a page with four separate tabs, General, Organization Information, Capacity Building, and Board Information. You will need to answer all mandatory fields in order to access the available grant applications on the platform.
PLEASE NOTE: Once an organization is registered and a profile has been created for a fiscally sponsored organization, please allow up to 24 hours (one business day) for approval to access available applications in the platform.
- Save a draft often as you are completing an application. You may also save your work and log out at any time.
- To access the partially completed RFQ or grant application again, you will log into the profile you created and access the draft you saved.
Submitting your Application
Once you have completed your Organization Profile, please return to the “Home” page. There you will see “Funding Opportunities.” Please locate the appropriate grant opportunity and fill in all mandatory fields. Please adhere to the following instructions to ensure a successful submittal:
- The RFQ and available applications will be accepted only through the online platform. Paper applications will not be accepted.
- To submit the completed RFQ or grant application simply hit the “Submit” option at the bottom of the page.
- You will receive an automatic email when your grant application or RFQ has been received. Please retain this receipt for your files.
DEADLINES: Applications must be received by 11:59 PM on the deadline date noted for each grant program on the Grant Opportunities page.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application or submission, please contact our Community Engagement Team at (805) 963-1873 or CommunityEngagement@SBFoundation.org.
For all other grant programs please return to the Application and Submittal Procedures page for detailed instructions.
Apply Now Through SBF Online Platform