2019 Towbes Fund for the Performing Arts Grant Guidelines
The Santa Barbara Foundation is committed to strengthening nonprofit organizations and building the capacity of the arts social sector through the support of Towbes Fund for the Performing Arts. Grants will be available to nonprofit organizations seeking to further their missions of providing quality performances and art opportunities. Towbes Fund for the Performing Arts seeks to invest in, nurture, and grow the arts sector by offering support for quality performing arts organizations. As well as access to artistic, music, and dance programs in Santa Barbara County.
Priority will be given to organizations that:
- demonstrate sustained and/or increased demand for the performing Arts
- are taking steps to sustain or expand organizational capacity to address demand for quality performances and art opportunities
- demonstrate cultural competence among volunteers, staff, and board members for the communities served
- demonstrate continuity and engagement, to engage the underserved communities across Santa Barbara County to participate in the arts
Types of Support
Towbes Fund for the Performing Arts Grants are available for a variety of activities in the following areas:
- Expansion of existing programs
- Pilot Programs
- Organizations that seek to produce, present and preserve exceptional works from a variety of artistic traditions, and ensure opportunities for participation that reflect the demographic diversity of Santa Barbara County
- Collaborative efforts to leverage community access to performing arts opportunities
Funding Amounts and Duration
The maximum award for the Towbes Fund for the Performing Arts is $15,000. The grant review committee may reduce or increase award amounts at its discretion. The grant period is up to one year from the award date. A final report is required and is due within 13 months of the grant award, preferably no later than 30 days following the project completion.
Towbes Fund for Performing Arts Grants are not for:
- Capital Items or Equipment
- One-time events, including recurring annual events
- Fundraising event
- General Operating
Please visit the Eligibility Criteria & FAQs for a complete list of what the foundation does not fund.
- The Towbes Fund for Performing Arts Grant are available to organizations serving all regions of Santa Barbara County.
- Organizations must be certified as tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or use a fiscal sponsor with 501(c)(3) tax status. Applications that do not contain a valid EIN (tax ID) number will not be considered. Organizations using a fiscal sponsor must review the Eligibility Criteria & FAQs for additional information and instructions.
|September 16, 2019
|| Application Deadline
|October 31, 2019
|| Funds Awarded
For questions about the Towbes Fund for the Performing Arts Grants program and funding eligibility, or technical assistance, please contact Jessica Sanchez, Director of Donor Relations, at (805) 963-1873 email@example.com.