We are seeking a Donor Services Coordinator to join our Philanthropic Services department, as part our Donor Relations team! This position will report directly to our Director of Donor Relations.
This is a full-time position serving all of Santa Barbara county.
Please review our Job Description below, before applying.
All applicants must submit a professional resume, cover letter and complete copy of our employment application, in order to be considered.
See the bottom of our ad for information regarding benefits!
The Donor Services Coordinator (DSC) serves both internal and external clients of the Foundation by maintaining a quality customer service program and the integrity of all donor activities with regard to their philanthropic fund. The incumbent is responsible for the seamless administration of fund development transactions including all aspects of gift processing and grant distributions.
- Gift processing: manual data entry of contributions such as checks, credit cards, donor information, merging and mailing acknowledgement letters, tribute notifications, batching files and scanning documents for gift batching.
- Grant processing and distributions: include weekly grant distributions (twice a week), vetting 501c(3) charitable organizations, generating and mailing/emailing grant award letters that accompany the disbursements.
- Re-issue lost grant checks through Granted Edge system and work with finance on reissuing stale grant checks for donor advised funds.
- Internet research on the nonprofit sector and trend analysis on community needs.
- Assist Philanthropic Services Department with creation of new funds including creating new fund forms, data entry of new constituents, processing donor portal registrations and creating welcome binders for new established funds.
- Coordinate administration process for all funds, including contributions, distributions, letters, data entry and donor files, as well as monthly, quarterly, and annual fund activity reports.
- Merge and mail quarterly letters, along with activity statements and fund summaries.
- Produce specialized reports when requested by donors or SBF staff.
- Create prospect packages for Development team for meetings with donors, agencies, corporations, etc.
- Manage SBF’s Giving Catalog content for donor portal.
- Create training tutorials with communications for donors to assist with navigating donor portal.
- Assist with data entry in all systems related to funds, fund information, and constituent record updates.
- Create and update reference documentation and Donor Services procedures manual.
- Participate in the overall success of the Philanthropic Services.
- Keep Outlook calendar populated as per SBF standard.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication.
- A willing team member and supportive colleague.
- Strong organizational and customer service skills.
- A quick-learner who is detail-oriented and committed to a great work product.
- Pleasant and professional phone manner.
- Familiarity with the communities of Santa Barbara County.
- Proficient in MS Office, internet usage and the ability to easily learn new software programs.
- Ability to occasionally attend SBF events or travel within SB county.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license and be able to provide proof of insurance.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two to three years’ experience in high-level customer service or donor relations.
- Experience in the nonprofit or philanthropic sector.
- Knowledge of charitable law and tax law.
- Knowledge of RE and GE software or other customer relations management software is highly desirable.
- General office environment, open office area/cubicle seating.
- Ability to telecommute, providing own modem, router and internet connection.
- Dog-friendly office, well-behaved pets, See our Pet Policy for more information.
- Significant telephone and computer work (repetitive movement – typing).
- Significant and intermittent in-person mailing and paperwork required to take place in office.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending and occasional lifting of light loads (10lbs.)
At SBF, we value wellness and offer a very generous benefits package, including: up to 15 days of PTO in the first year of employment, up to 13 holidays, sick time, 401K with 4% matching in the first year and an additional 6% of profit sharing after one-year anniversary, fully paid medical and ancillary benefits and more!
All applicants are required to submit an employment application, a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please Complete the Employment Application