We are seeking a Director of the Collaboration for Social Impact to join our Community Engagement division. The incumbent will report to the CEO and Chief Strategy Officer.
Please review our Job Description below, before applying.
See the bottom of our ad for information regarding benefits!
The Director of the Collaboration for Social Impact (DCSI) will lead the implementation of the Santa Barbara Foundation’s strategic priorities in support of the nonprofit sector in Santa Barbara County. The position will report directly to the Chief Strategy Officer and play a crucial role within the Community Engagement Department. The Director will also be actively coordinating and collaborating with the President and Chief Executive Officer and Chief Revenue and Business Development Officer (CRBDO) in fundraising efforts as well as work closely with established advisory bodies (currently, a nine-member Advisory Group) to create, identify and facilitate workshops, drive fellowship with community stakeholders and capacity building for the nonprofit sector.
- Foster productive relationships with nonprofit community leaders.
- Establish strategies to enhance leadership and nonprofit capacity, facilitate community connections and develop strategic partnerships.
- Collaborate with CEO and CRBDO on strategic fundraising efforts.
- Meet with the advisory bodies and collaborate with them and the President & CEO on areas and concepts of focus. Specifically, the Director will work to:
- Increase the number of organizations investing in their capacity and sustainability.
- Increase resiliency of organizations in different service areas.
- Increase the capacity of nonprofit staff in their various roles.
- Increase the awareness and role that funders play in the ability of the sector to respond to challenges. Increase Foundation visibility.
- Build alliances and collaborations between business, nonprofit and government organizations.
- Work closely with fellow directors in the Community Engagement Division, leveraging their knowledge and experience to support the CSI to thrive.
- In connection with the advisory bodies, identify areas that the nonprofit sector wants and needs support in.
- Administer the annual Leadership Awards program and event in partnership with the advisory bodies.
- In collaboration with other organizations, create and host information sessions or training around sector identified needs to support the nonprofit community, which may include: organizing or facilitating workshops, seminars, coaching and mentoring, along with public and sector advocacy, developed and implemented through an ongoing collaboration with community leaders and partner organizations.
- Through engagement in the sector, seminars, conferences etc. be on the cutting-edge of what is happening regionally, country and county-wide in the nonprofit community and sector.
- Build relationships with institutions of higher education that are associated with the nonprofit sector. Navigate services provided by these partner organizations and use the CSI as a hub for sharing information about their offierings.
- Identify existing resources available for leadership and capacity building and strategically utilize them as part of the Collaboration’s work.
- Evaluate and document the effectiveness of the Collaboration’s efforts to report to invested donors and foundations as well as facilitate continuous improvement and data-driven decision-making. Determine how to improve or adjust efforts accordingly.
- Manage direct reports and delegate work to support staff when appropriate.
- Keep Outlook calendar populated and accurate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of eight years’ experience working in the nonprofit sector and demonstrated commitment to the community, including but not limited to, professional achievements and volunteer experience.
- A minimum of five years’ experience successfully leading, managing, mentoring and coaching staff.
- Demonstrated fundraising experience.
- Exceptional Communication skills, including: interpersonal, small-group, verbal and written.
- Business acumen, with preference given to those with experience as a leadership/business consultant or coach that can evaluate how efficient or effective the Collaboration’s efforts are.
- Knowledge of the Santa Barbara County nonprofit community, and experience in working and communicating effectively with diverse and broad-based community constituencies. An effective connector and convener.
- Knowledge of program evaluation methodologies.
- Ability to make well-reasoned decisions as part of a team and in the best interests of the Foundation.
- Effective at motivating a team (both volunteer and staff) to achieve high expectations.
- Understand and adhere to high standards of service and integrity: able to exercise discretion with highly sensitive and confidential information and demonstrate good judgment.
- Experience cultivating and growing professional relationships and partnerships.
- Experience navigating tough conversations and the ability to say “no” while maintaining trust.
- Increased level of self-awareness and understanding of emotional intelligence.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Outlook, PPT and Word.
- Ability to think and plan strategically as well as effectively synthesize information.
- Experience in public policy is ideal, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- General office environment
- Dog-friendly office (well-behaved pets, only).
- Travel within Santa Barbara County by car.
- Intermittent travel outside of Santa Barbara County by plane, train or car for conferences etc.
- Significant telephone and computer work (repetitive movement – typing)
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending and occasional lifting of light loads (10lbs.)
At SBF, we value wellness and offer a very generous benefits package, including: up to 15 days of PTO in the first year of employment, SICK time, 401K with 4% matching in the first year and an additional 6% of profit sharing after one year anniversary, fully paid medical and ancillary benefits, massages and more!
All applicants are required to submit both a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
No calls, please.