We are seeking a Data Administrator to join our team, who will report to the Director of Evaluation and Learning.
This is a full-time, nonexempt position at our Santa Barbara office.
We are seeking an incumbent to oversee constituent management systems and not to design or develop databases. This is not a programming position.
Please review our Job Description below, before applying.
See the bottom of our ad for information regarding benefits!
The Data Administrator is the ‘keeper’ of the databases at the Santa Barbara Foundation. The incumbent will continuously test and maintain optimum functionality of the databases (primarily Granted Edge and Raiser’s Edge), refine procedures for data entry and maintenance, train staff and document changes in protocol. The Data Administrator will support the IT Manager in capturing, organizing, managing and analyzing data to achieve departmental and organizational objectives in accordance to the Foundation’s 2018-2023 Strategic Plan.
Year one (FY2018-2019) will primarily involve clean-up of data within Granted Edge and Raiser’s Edge. This will include building processes to maintain quality in data entry, and supporting the IT Manager and Director of Evaluation and Learning with data mining, analysis, and reporting.
This is a mid-level position that does not require management experience.
- Perform periodic audits and perform regular data health checks on databases.
- Perform data cleanup (e.g. deduping records and correction of fields) daily updates, maintenance, and enhancement of all constituent records in the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Act as primary point of contact for data in and out of constituent databases.
- Build report templates based on departmental criteria as directed by the Director of Evaluation and Learning.
- Update and maintain designation coding in constituent records for outreach, education, fundraising efforts and relationship management.
- Maintain workflows, consistency in data entry and mine data on grants on Granted Edge.
- Train staff on optimizing use of basic workflow and reports, identify the best practices for effective usage.
- Process information received from the Foundation website via the NetCommunity functions, such as email/newsletter opt-ins, opt-outs, and updates, etc.
- Generate accurate mailing lists for direct mail appeals and event invitations.
- Document data entry processes and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 3-4 years’ experience required as an administrator of Constituent Relationship Management databases with database queries, data manipulation and maintenance of donor records.
- Experience in the stewardship of individual and institutional data, report preparation as well as maintaining constituent contact information and mail merges.
- Familiarity with non-profit organizations and database best practices.
- High level of computer proficiency including experience with Microsoft Office Suite required, Adobe Creative Suite, and HTML preferred.
- Analytical, solution-oriented, and agile to respond to changing circumstances.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work within deadlines with acute attention to details.
- Commitment to integrity and maintaining strict confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and Granted Edge databases highly desirable, as well as familiarity with NetCommunity and Blackbaud hosted databases.
- Background in data analysis, computer science or statistics a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, data science, or related field is a plus.
At SBF, we value wellness and offer a very generous benefits package, including: up to 15 days of PTO in the first year of employment, 401K with 4% matching in the first year and an additional 6% of profit sharing after one year anniversary, fully paid medical and ancillary benefit premiums, a 35 hour work week, 12 paid holidays, monthly complimentary chair massages and more!
All applicants are required to submit both a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No calls, please.