We are seeking a Program Associate to join our Grantmaking team. The incumbent will report to the Community Grants Program Manager.
This is a full-time, nonexempt position at our Santa Barbara office.
Please review our Job Description below, before applying.
ALL applicants must submit a professional resume, cover letter and a completed copy of our employment application, in order to be considered. All three documents must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the bottom of our ad for information regarding benefits!
The Community Grants Program Associate provides general administrative and grants support to the Foundation’s grantmaking programs, initiatives and community engagement activities.
- Provide general administrative support to the Grantmaking Team.
- Process grant requests from intake to close, including data entry, spreadsheet creation and tracking, grantee correspondence, payment processing, follow up on reporting requirements and document retention.
- Cultivate positive relationships with the public and organizations seeking information regarding the Foundation’s various funding opportunities.
- Maintain the grants database for accurate and efficient record keeping and reporting.
- Provide support for internal and external meetings, outreach events and convenings, including: scheduling, logistics, catering, reservations, material and audiovisual preparation and notetaking.
- Maintain the integrity of the Foundation’s digital filing system.
- Maintain and suggest updates to the grants management manual, procedural workflow and grants program timeline.
- Provide technical assistance to agencies concerning the Foundation’s grantmaking policies and application procedures.
- Participate in staff and departmental meetings.
- Keep Outlook calendar updated as per SBF standard.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially MS Outlook, and Adobe Suite.
- Strong analytical and proof-reading skills.
- Able to prioritize assigned duties within time constraints while staying organized.
- Self-directed, with a desire and willingness to learn.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills, and willing to improve further.
- A professional, enthusiastic, flexible attitude and demeanor.
- Team player with the ability to work with diverse populations including staff, agency representatives and volunteers.
- Ability to work occasional evening or weekend Foundation events.
- Understand and adhere to high standards of service and integrity; able to exercise discretion with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a progressively advancing administrative support role.
- Must possess a CA driver’s license with proof of insurance.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable relevant experience.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar database preferred.
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector preferred.
- General office environment.
- Open office space or shared office space.
- Dogs (pets) intermittently on the premises, weekly. See our Pet Policy for more information.
- Significant telephone and computer work (repetitive movement – typing).
- Some driving travel within the county and occasional travel outside of the county (via car or plane).
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending and occasional lifting/pushing of light to heavy loads (10lbs. to more than 50 lbs.)
At SBF, we value wellness and offer a very generous benefits package, including: up to 15 days of PTO in the first year of employment, sick time, 401K with 4% matching in the first year and an additional 6% of profit sharing after one year anniversary, fully paid medical and ancillary benefits, massages and more!
All applicants are required to submit an employment application, a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.