We are seeking a Communications Officer to join our Communications Team! The incumbent will report to the Communications Manager.
This is a full-time, nonexempt position at our Santa Barbara office.
This is a support-level role, not a manager or management level role.
Please review our Job Description below, before applying.
See the bottom of our ad for information regarding benefits!
The Communications Officer works closely and collaboratively with all departments in the Foundation to support the organizations goals and objectives. The incumbent supports a broad variety of communications functions that promote, enhance and protect the Foundation’s brand, including PR, digital marketing, social media publications, media relations, advertising and events.
This is a mid-level position that does not require management experience.
- Engage in the conceptualization, planning, writing, and editing of the Foundation’s communications and help ensure consistency in the Foundation’s brand.
- Coordinate projects that address the creation and production of marketing and advertising materials according to the communications plan and calendar. This may include designing and/or monitoring the work of graphic design vendors and print vendors.
- Serve as a website and social media administrator, posting relevant content and monitoring feedback on all digital channels.
- Collect and interpret digital and social media analytics.
- Provide marketing support for Foundation events and meetings.
- Maintain electronic files, photo library, and media lists.
- Assist the Chief Strategy Officer, Communications Manager, President & CEO, Philanthropic Services, and Community Engagement in special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Adobe Create Suite proficiency
- Digital and social media proficiency—competency in web CMS; WordPress a plus
- Competency in Google tools—Analytics, Docs, and Photos
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work within deadlines with acute attention to details
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate within all levels of the organization
- Team player with a positive attitude, can do attitude, e.g. no assignment is too big or too small
- Ability to address competing priorities in a changing environment
- Updating of SBF Outlook calendar as per organizational standard
- Spanish proficiency, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- General office environment
- Significant telephone and computer work (repetitive movement – typing)
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending and occasional lifting of light loads (10lbs.)
- Office space in cubicle area with other office spaces
- Occasional travel in a car within Santa Barbara County
- Potential travel outside of County (car, plane, train) for seminars or conferences
- Dog-friendly work environment (well-behaved pets, only)
At SBF, we value wellness and offer a very generous benefits package, including: up to 15 days of PTO in the first year of employment, 401K with 4% matching in the first year and an additional 6% of profit sharing after one year anniversary, fully paid medical and ancillary benefits, massages and more!
All applicants are required to submit both a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No calls, please.