Leer en Español
COVID-19 JOINT RESPONSE EFFORT FOR SANTA BARBARA COUNTY
Community Disaster Relief Fund
The Santa Barbara Foundation, United Way of Santa Barbara County, and Hutton Parker Foundation are leading a countywide collaborative with members of the Foundation Roundtable to provide assistance to individuals and families as well as organizations actively engaged in assistance efforts for members of the community affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
View COVID-19 Grant Recipients
- Individual Financial Need: Individual financial need to help struggling community members secure and maintain basic needs, cover unexpected child care and education expenses, and recover from loss of wages due to business closures and social distancing measures.
The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic has greatly impacted our community and the nonprofit sector in Santa Barbara County. The rapid response grant program is a part of the COVID-19 Joint Response Effort. Organizations that are awarded grants are prioritized in the following order:
- organizations that are actively engaging in COVID-19 assistance efforts,
- organizations that are adapting to continue to provide essential services, and
- organizations that have reduced services due to COVID-19 and need general operating support in the interim.
In this initial stage, we have prioritized meeting emergency needs but we encourage applications from all three priorities be submitted. With approval from organizations, we are sharing requests for funding for all three areas with funders of the COVID-19 Joint Response Effort to maximize funding opportunities for organizations. Please view our COVID-19 Nonprofit Resource page for additional links and resources.
The COVID-19 Response Grant program has a rolling deadline. We encourage you to review the grant guidelines carefully and prepare your information for the application. Please contact us if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- United Way of Santa Barbara County will be providing grants to individuals for those disproportionately impacted by coronavirus and the economic consequences of the pandemic.
- Santa Barbara Foundation and Hutton Parker Foundation will provide grants up to $25,000 to nonprofit organizations serving all regions of Santa Barbara County.
- Organizations must be certified as tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or use a fiscal sponsor with 501(c)(3) tax status. Applications that do not contain a valid EIN (tax ID) number will not be considered.
- An agency acting as the fiscal sponsor on behalf of a community collaborative may be eligible to submit proposals on behalf of its own agency needs as well as the needs of the collaborative.
- Please complete the Application for Individual/Family Assistance. Upon submission, your application will be sent to Family Service Agency, United Way of Santa Barbara County’s contracted partner agency for case management services. A representative from Family Service Agency will contact you to set up an appointment to review your application. Please do not contact Family Service Agency; they will contact you.
- Grants are processed on a rolling basis.
- Nonprofit Organization:
- Please visit our grants portal at grantsportal.sbfoundation.org where you can create an organization profile and submit an application.
- Grants are processed on a rolling basis and processed within 10 business days.
- Grants must be used as proposed in the grant application. Any changes to the use of the funds must be submitted in writing to the funding organization. If an agency recipient identifies an alternate funding source for projects identified in the proposal once the funds have been allocated, it is incumbent upon the recipient agency to notify the funder in writing in order to negotiate a reallocation of those funds to a project within the parameters of the fund.
- A report from agencies on the use of COVID-19 Community Disaster Relief Fund will be due within 13 months of the grant award, and can be delivered 30 days following the project completion to confirm that needs have been met.