Leer en Español
COVID-19 JOINT RESPONSE EFFORT FOR SANTA BARBARA COUNTY
Community Disaster Relief Fund
The Santa Barbara Foundation, United Way of Santa Barbara County, and Hutton Parker Foundation are leading a countywide collaborative with members of the Foundation Roundtable to provide assistance to individuals and families as well as organizations actively engaged in assistance efforts for members of the community affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Individual Financial Need: Individual financial need to help struggling community members secure and maintain basic needs, cover unexpected child care and education expenses, and recover from loss of wages due to business closures and social distancing measures.
- Meeting Increased Service Demand: Organizations serving Santa Barbara County’s most vulnerable populations impacted by widespread shutdown of schools (child care, school supplies, loss of access to technology, food insecurity, transportation, mental health, etc.) and social distancing measures impacting places of employment (loss of wages).
- Operational Capacity and Business Continuity: Unrestricted funding enabling an organization to carry out its mission and adjust its business models to meet the needs of their staff and clients. These general operating support grants may be used to cover day-to-day activities or ongoing expenses such as administrative salaries, utilities, office supplies, technology maintenance, etc., as well as for project costs, capital, and technology purchases to provide alternative modes of service.
- United Way of Santa Barbara County will be providing grants to individuals for those disproportionately impacted by coronavirus and the economic consequences of the pandemic.
- Santa Barbara Foundation and Hutton Parker Foundation will provide grants up to $25,000 to nonprofit organizations serving all regions of Santa Barbara County.
- Organizations must be certified as tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or use a fiscal sponsor with 501(c)(3) tax status. Applications that do not contain a valid EIN (tax ID) number will not be considered.
- An agency acting as the fiscal sponsor on behalf of a community collaborative may be eligible to submit proposals on behalf of its own agency needs as well as the needs of the collaborative.
- Please complete the Application for Individual/Family Assistance. Upon submission, your application will be sent to Family Service Agency, United Way of Santa Barbara County’s contracted partner agency for case management services. A representative from Family Service Agency will contact you to set up an appointment to review your application. Please do not contact Family Service Agency; they will contact you.
- Grants are processed on a rolling basis and processed within 15 business days.
- Nonprofit Organization:
- IMPORTANT – All applications should be downloaded to your computer first so that you can save them and upload along with your financial data. We recommend using Adobe Acrobat Reader to properly fill and save your forms. For more detailed information, please follow these instructions.
- Please download and complete the Nonprofit Grant Intake Packet – do not fill out the form in your browser before downloading it
- Grants are processed on a rolling basis and processed within 10 business days.
- Grants must be used as proposed in the grant application. Any changes to the use of the funds must be submitted in writing to the funding organization. If an agency recipient identifies an alternate funding source for projects identified in the proposal once the funds have been allocated, it is incumbent upon the recipient agency to notify the funder in writing in order to negotiate a reallocation of those funds to a project within the parameters of the fund.
- A report from agencies on the use of Covid-19 Community Disaster Relief Fund will be due within 13 months of the grant award, and can be delivered 30 days following the project completion to confirm that needs have been met.
Members of the COVID-19 Joint Response Effort for Santa Barbara County as of 3/26/2020
The Ann Jackson Family Foundation
Brittingham Family Foundation
BP Moser Trust
Fund for Santa Barbara
The Henry E. & Lola Monroe Foundation
Hutton Parker Foundation
James S. Bower Foundation
Jane and Paul Orfalea
The Natalie Orfalea Foundation
The Muzzy Family
Santa Barbara Foundation
Santa Ynez Foundation
The Towbes Foundation
United Way of Santa Barbara County