Ojai Women's Fund
The Ojai Women's Fund pools the resources of women in the Ojai Valley to provide meaningful financial support to a broad range of charitable projects throughout the Valley. Areas of focus include arts, education, the environment, health and social services. Through its annual grantmaking program, OWF will inspire women to become leaders in philanthropy, educate women and the community on current issues and giving strategies, and empower women to help strengthen their community.
Ojai Women’s Fund Benefits:
- OWF grants will help nonprofits meet critical needs, spur new projects and foster innovation.
- Members will become better informed about community issues.
- Opportunities for collaboration on community projects may be identified.
- Improved information will enable members in making better personal giving decisions.
- Participation in OWF will provide opportunities to develop leadership skills.
- OWF members will serve as philanthropic role models to others.
- Relationships among women from different backgrounds will evolve based on a shared passion to improve the community.
Ojai Women's Fund Guidelines:
- The annual OWF membership donation is $1,000. Women can become individual members or they can join with other women to form a donor group. Each group has one vote.
- All grants will be made to benefit residents of the Ojai Valley.
- Members have just two responsibilities: to write a check and to vote on how the funds are to be distributed.
- To become more involved, members can volunteer to serve on a committee and/or attend educational or social events throughout the year.
- Grants are one-time-only grants that will have a lasting impact on our community.
- OWF is managed by an all-volunteer Steering Committee.
- OWF researches nonprofits addressing selected issues and creates a ballot of possible grants for members to consider. The research process includes a thorough review of nonprofits' goals, financials, leadership, sustainability and measurable results.
- All donations are tax deductible.
- Dollars donated to OWF will be distributed in the same calendar year in which they are received.
- For the first year, funding for administrative costs will be donated. In future years a small annual contribution to cover administrative costs could be requested from the membership.
News from the Ojai Women's Fund...
Living in Ojai: What Works, What Doesn't
The Ojai Women's Fund (OWF) drew another impressive crowd to its second community gathering on Tuesday, March 29th, at the Ojai Presbyterian Church. Area experts shared personal concerns and professional insights with over 100 Ojai Valley women, spotlighting overlooked problems and underfunded programs in local arts, education, environment, healthcare, and social services. Read more...
The Ojai Women's Fund is a field of interest fund of the Santa Barbara Foundation. For more information about OWF, please visit ojaiwomensfund.org.