Careers at the Santa Barbara Foundation
Santa Barbara Foundation
The Santa Barbara Foundation is a dynamic organization that thrives on creativity and great ideas, and values commitment and flexibility. Transparency, inclusiveness, respect, diversity, and integrity are among our core values. We are here to make a positive difference in our county, from Santa Maria to Carpinteria, and all points in between. We seek individuals who share a commitment to catalyze change and support the common good.
The Santa Barbara Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Open positions are listed below.
COMMUNITY INVESTMENT ASSOCIATE
The Santa Barbara Foundation is seeking a Community Investment Associate to support the department with grants and additional community investment activities. The ideal candidate is comfortable working quickly and accurately in multiple databases and spreadsheets. In addition to proficiency in data management, candidates should have outstanding organizational skills, excellent phone etiquette, and the ability to multi-task well under pressure.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the grants database for accurate and efficient record keeping and reporting
- Process grant requests from intake to close, including data entry, spreadsheet development and tracking, grantee correspondence, payment processing, follow up on reporting requirements and document retention
- Manage and maintain the integrity of the foundation’s digital filing system
- Maintain and update the grants management manual, procedural workflow and timeline documents
- Provide general administrative support for the Community Investments department
This is a full-time, benefited position reporting to the Director of Grantmaking and Nonprofit Excellence. If you would like to be considered for this important role at the foundation, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2017.
The Santa Barbara Foundation is a community foundation that supports the work of local nonprofit agencies and assists individuals and organizations with their philanthropic endeavors.