Maximize your tax benefits while supporting the issues and organizations you care about for many generations to come.
1. CHOOSE YOUR GIVING PLAN
- Give Through Your Will
- The Santa Barbara Foundation can ensure that your charitable intentions are met long after your lifetime. Including a charitable bequest in your will is a simple way to make a lasting gift to your community. When you make this type of gift through the foundation, we can establish a fund that will be managed by your heirs or overseen by the foundation. Your gift can be endowed so that it benefits the community forever and becomes your personal legacy of giving.
- Life Income Gift
- If you are interested in generating a secure stream of income, reducing taxes, and helping the community with a charitable gift, the Santa Barbara Foundation can help you establish either a charitable gift annuity or a charitable remainder trust.
- Life Insurance Policy/Retirement Plan
- At death, balances in individual retirement accounts and retirement plans are included when figuring estate and income taxes to your beneficiaries - often up to 85 percent. Funding a charitable bequest with an IRA or retirement plan prevents the bequest from becoming a liability of your estate, and the gift is made with pre-tax dollars.
- Charitable Lead Trust
- A charitable lead trust is the reverse of the charitable remainder trust. The trust distributes income to a charity for a period of years or throughout your lifetime with the assets returning to you, or more typically, to family members. The CLT allows you to make a significant gift to charity and transfer assets to family members with reduced or no gift and estate taxes.
2. CALL US
Contact Lynette Muscio, director of development, at (805) 880-9367 to begin your giving.