Women's Fund of Santa Barbara
The Women's Fund of Santa Barbara is a collective all volunteer donor group that enables women to combine their charitable dollars and provide significant grants focused on the critical needs of women, children and families in Santa Barbara, Goleta and Carpinteria. More than $5.6 million has been donated by Women's Fund members since the organization began in 2004. As a member, you do not have to go to fundraising events or auctions; you do not have to fill tables. You just donate and vote for where the money goes!
The Concept is Simple
Women's Fund of Santa Barbara Steering Committee 2015-16
The Women's Fund is committed to educating and inspiring women to become leaders in philanthropy and demonstrating the impact of collective giving.
- Women join as individual members for $2,500 or more a year, or as part of a group totaling $2,500 or more.
- Women identify critical community issues to be researched.
- Women research local nonprofits addressing selected issues and create a ballot of possible grants for members to consider. The research process includes a thorough review of nonprofits' goals, financials, leadership, sustainability and measurable results.
- Women's Fund members vote on how to distribute the collected funds.
- Women celebrate the announcement of recipients at an awards event in the spring.
- Women visit grantee sites in the fall to learn how Women's Fund gifts are changing lives.
News from the Women's Fund of Santa Barbara...
Women’s Fund of SB Awards $470,000 to Nonprofits, Celebrates 12 Years of Changing Lives
The Women's Fund of Santa Barbara recently awarded $470,000 to seven local nonprofit agencies. Since 2004, the Women’s Fund has awarded more than $5.6 million to 78 local nonprofit programs impacting 90,000 women, children, and families in Santa Barbara, Goleta, and Carpinteria. Read more...
For more information about the Women's Fund of Santa Barbara, please visit womensfundsb.org.