How to Apply
Thanks to the generosity of our donors, we offer numerous grant opportunities designed to help strengthen Santa Barbara County's diverse nonprofit sector and address our community's most pressing challenges.
To apply for a grant, please follow these steps:
- Review the available Grant Opportunities.
- Determine the program/s or initiative/s for which you are eligible and to which you would like to apply.
- Carefully review the grant guidelines and read through the Eligibility Criteria and FAQs.
- Contact the community investments team member listed with the relevant grant program if you still have questions or would like to discuss your specific project.
- Review and follow the grant Application & Submittal Procedures.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Please read through the foundation's current grant programs to see if there is an opportunity suitable for your organization at this time.
- Eligibility Criteria
- To help you through the application process, the foundation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions regarding its grant opportunities.
- Application & Submittal Procedures
- Please follow these instructions on accessing, completing and submitting your electronic application.
Community Investment Information Sessions
2017 Community Investment Info Session Recording
In case you missed the grant information sessions in early 2017, the community investment team’s presentation on February 2, 2017 has been recorded for your convenience and to answer any additional questions you have.
If you would only like to listen to information about a specific grant program, please see below for the sections of the video that refer to that grant program:
- Express: 29'36"
- Capital: 38'07"
- Daniel Fund Child Care Scholarships: 43'37"
- Early Care and Education: 46'36"
- Invest in Youth: 49'15"
- Core Support for Basic Needs: 51'01"
- Tri-Counties Blood Bank Fund: 55'21"
- LEAF Initiative: 58'49"
- Community Caregiving Initiative: 1:04'23"