Application and Submittal Procedures
The Santa Barbara Foundation utilizes electronic applications for all of its grant programs. Please follow the instructions below on accessing, completing and submitting your application to the foundation.
Downloading the Application Form
Visit our Grant Opportunities page to view the application and guidelines. Before starting your application, or completing any forms, please download and save the file to your desktop using Adobe Reader. Edits made to the form in the browser will not be saved. When the application is saved to your computer you may work on the application over an extended period of time, saving as you go.
If you experience technical difficulties downloading the application, please try the following:
- Click on this link: http://get.adobe.com/reader.
- Download the latest version of Adobe Reader (click on Install Now).
- Restart your computer.
The applications are intentionally formatted to limit the amount of text and expanding the text boxes will result in unreadable content. For the larger grant programs, organizations that move forward to the interview/site visit stage are invited to submit additional materials at that time. Thank you for your understanding.
Supplemental Documents for Fiscal Sponsor
A 501(c)(3) organization that agrees to serve as a fiscal sponsor on a grant request must provide additional forms as part of the grant application.
- A copy of the letter of agreement entered into with the sponsored organization is required.
- Additional forms must be completed by the fiscal sponsor as part of the application including a board roster and organizational financial summary.
When using Mac or a PC
Our grant applications are in Adobe Reader format, a universal and free program. After you have downloaded the most recent version of Adobe Reader (found on our website with the application), use the "File Save As" feature to save the application to your local computer. If you are using a Mac product, please ensure you have downloaded Adobe Reader to your computer as Mac Preview is not compatible with Adobe Reader fillable forms.
Submitting your Application
Once you have completed your application and are ready for submission, please adhere to the following instructions to ensure a successful submittal:
- Applications are accepted electronically via email.
- Attach your completed application along with any additional required documents in an email using the Attach File feature.
- Submission of unsolicited materials is discouraged as they will not be considered in the review process.
- Include the name of your organization and the name of the grant program or initiative you are applying to in the email subject line. (Example of a Capital grant submission: My Nonprofit Capital Grant Application).
- Attach and email the completed application to email@example.com EXCEPT for Express Grants which should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: You will receive an automatic response email when your grant application has been received. This will guarantee that your application has been submitted successfully. Please retain this receipt for your files.
DEADLINES: All applications must be received by 11:59 PM on the deadline date noted for each grant program on the Grant Opportunities page.
Paper applications are not accepted. If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application or submission, please contact Sadye Terre at (805) 963-1873 or email@example.com.